Picture this: you wake up in the morning, roll out of bed, turn the coffee machine on, and grab a good book. The aroma of hot coffee fills the kitchen and the birds are chirping away outside.
Sunlight beams through the glass roof of your orangery and as you open the doors to breathe in the fresh morning air before you settle down for a slow start to the day, you think to yourself, “wow, getting Perfect Wirral to install this orangery really was a great idea!”
Sounds nice, doesn’t it? It’s no wonder orangeries are all the rage right now.
What is an orangery?
An orangery is a room that is attached to – or can be extended onto – the ground floor of a property. Whilst they are similar in function to conservatories, there are some distinct differences between these two types of spaces.
While conservatories are constructed using mostly glass, orangeries are typically brick structures (with a brick base and brick walls) designed with large windows and a glass roof.
Did you know: Orangeries were originally invented to shelter fruit trees from the cold, harsh winter months and date back to as early as 1545. That’s where the name orangery comes from – funnily enough!
They were a symbol of a wealthy household and gained popularity during the 17th Century when clear glass-making technology advanced.
The rising trend for orangeries on the Wirral
Orangeries are an extremely popular addition to homes on the Wirral – or all around the world, for that matter.
Over the past couple of years, the trend has expanded at quite a pace and become more widely acknowledged as a more accessible method of home improvement.
Of course, you need an adequate amount of space and sound structure in order to build one but orangeries are no longer exclusively for sprawling mansions surrounded by acres of rolling landscape.
The benefits of an orangery:
We might be biased but with the many benefits an orangery brings to a home, it comes as no surprise that the trend is showing no signs of slowing down.
Here are just some of the perks you can enjoy with an orangery:
- You can use the space as an additional dining or entertaining area
- Orangeries have super sturdy foundations so they also make for a great lounge
- When designed and executed well, orangeries are extremely durable and weather-resistant
- The nature of space means natural light can flood and make the room feel bright and airy
- Electricity can be installed in an orangery, making it a versatile and multi-functional room
- Extended into an orangery is more affordable than buying a bigger property
- It will boost your property’s value if and when you’re looking to sell
- They can be easily blended into the existing exterior to compliment and enhance the home
Living on the Wirral and want to know more about the orangery construction process? Get in touch by dropping us a line on 0151 638 0909 and we’ll be more than happy to help.